I can’t lie and say I made this up all on my own!! I did get this recipe from the FIXATE cookbook by Autumn Calabrese and made it into my own! One ingredient in this recipe has saved me from spending so much time prepping! Rotisserie chicken!! I know it is easy to bake your own chicken, but it is one less thing to worry about! Just be sure you are removing the skin because even though it tastes good, it’s not healthy! Sorry for the let down!
Ok, so let’s get to it!!
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced celery (about 4 stalks)
- 4 cups low sodium organic chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken breasts, without skin and bones of course
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 dry whole wheat pasta (penne, rotini, etc… I used a gluten free pasta from Aldi and worked perfect)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring frequently for 5 min, or until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, chicken, carrots, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat to low and gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro right before serving!