Ok, so you may have seen the huge talk on the Unicorn Starbucks drink that people are going crazy over right? Well, I will def say a cheat meal is ok, but people are truly addicted to Starbucks and not always in a good way. The taste may be great for people, it may give them energy, but what about the nutrition? So many of these people will complain and talk about how they are unhealthy, out of shape, and unhappy, but yet, they continue to make choices to drink drinks such as this full of calories, carbs, sugar, and artificial sweeteners and flavors!
So as a fitness coach, my job is to help people find the healthy alternatives so you can still enjoy your food and drinks, but removing the crap that does not help you get closer to your goals, and add in dense nutrition and superfoods and will not leave you feeling guilty!!
So here it is!!!
- 1/2 scoop vanilla Shakeology
- 1/2 scoop strawberry Shakeology
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries and raspberries
- 1 tsp natural Peanut Butter
- 1 squirt sugar free whipped cream
- 1 tsp sprinkles
- With a blender cup, add 4 ice cubes and 4 oz water.
- Add 1/2 scoop Vanilla Shakeology.
- Add 1 tsp natural peanut butter.
- Blend… and set aside in a cup.
- Rinse cup and add another 4 ounces water and 4 ice cubes.
- Add Strawberry Shakeology and 1/2 cup fresh berries.
- In a separate cup, add both strawberry and vanilla to one cup, one at a time to separate the colors.
- Top off with Whipped cream and sprinkles!
So lets compare really quick… because this makes a HUGEEEEE difference with the nutrition facts, but also the nutrients that your getting!
Starbucks Unicorn Treat:
- 450 Calories
- 80 Carbohydrates
- 12 grams fat
- 76 grams sugar
And then we have…
Unicorn Shakeology Treat: FYI… this is a full meal replacement!
- 290 calories
- 40 carbs
- 10 grams fat
- 14 grams sugar
We can also mention here that Shakeology is full of pre and pro-biotics to help support digestive health and regularity, antioxidants to help fight free radicals and support immune health, superfoods and phytonutrients to support health and vitality, and a great protein blend to help build lean muscle and reduce cravings!
I don’t think Starbucks can beat that one!!
So, when you are feeling like you want to dive into something not-so-healthy, think of how you can make it healthy so you stay on track with your goals and health!
If you are wanting more nutrition tips, healthy recipes, daily support and motivation to help you reach your fitness goals, please fill out the application below for a spot in my next fitness challenge group held online where I can mentor you daily! Spaces are limited!