As a mom, sometimes it’s tough to get our kids to fuel those little bodies because they are picky, and just don’t always like to eat! I have done trial and error with my kids and have found some easy healthy ways to get them to enjoy eating without putting tons of artificial sweeteners and chemicals in their bodies and its cost effective too!
So I want to share with you an example of a weeks worth of my kids lunches for school, but also can be used as healthy snacks!
- Peanut butter rice cake with cucumber and hummus
- Ham and cheese sandwich with apple and cinnamon (the cinnamon will keep your apples from turning colors) and almonds
- Chicken, go-gurt, and fresh blueberries
- banana and peanut butter sandwich, carrots, and light string cheese
- Whole wheat and cheese quesadilla, apple sauce, wheat Scooby -do graham crackers
- Peanut butter on whole wheat cut outs, dried mango pieces, cashews
- Low sodium ham wrapped on light string cheese, rice cakes, fresh mixed raspberries and blackberries
It’s also easy to pre make some of these and have them all ready to go! As I meal prep, I prep a lot of my kids food and place them in sandwich baggies! I cut up the veggies and wash the fruit, cook chicken, and make sandwich cut outs a couple days in advance!
When it comes to my kids, health is a priority! Showing them a healthy lifestyle early, will prevent obesity and health issues in the future! Just as we teach kids to brush their teeth, make their bed, and pick up toys, we can teach them how to eat healthy, but still allow them to enjoy food!