One thing I love is the fact that my husband is pretty amazing at coming up with some fun, new, exciting ways of cooking food with me! He supports us as a family to eat healthy, and is doing a lot of the cooking!
Yesterday, he came up with the idea of making apple walnut turkey burgers! I never in a million years would have come up with that, so I must give him credit for this recipe!
Apple Walnut Turkey Burgers
- Turkey burger
- 1/2 small Onion minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I use sugar free C. Hughes)
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 Apple finely chopped (I used red apple)
- 1/4 cup walnuts finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven or grill to medium high heat.
- Hand mix all ingredients together in medium size mixing bowl.
- Make patties the size of your palm of your hand to create proper portion sizes.
- Place on sprayed pan (with EVOO or pam) or directly on grill and cook for 8 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Let cool before eating!
- Serve with your favorite side salad!
Please fill out the form below for a spot in my next fitness challenge group with daily tips, recipes, support, and motivation! This is a place to join a group of other women who are looking to reach their health and fitness goals and are serious about committing to their journey!