Clean Turkey Meat Loaf
•2 lbs Lean Ground Turkey Breast
•1 Cup Chopped Onion
•4 Egg Whites
•1 Cup Chunky Salsa
•1/2 Cup Uncooked Oatmeal
•1 (1 ounce) Package Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix
•1/2 tsp. Pepper
•1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
•1/2 Cup Natural Low Sodium Ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix everything but ketchup in bowl. Place mixture in a meatloaf pan and cover with the ketchup.
3. Cover and bake for 1 hour (or until juice runs clear/no longer pink)
Serving Size: 1 (206 g) – Servings Per Recipe: 8 – Calories 198 – Total Fat 1.4 g – Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g – Protein 31 g -Yield: 8
Preparation Time: 15
Cooking Time: 60
Eggs Bruschetta A La Mode
Ok so this is by far my favorite breakfast to eat!! If you need additional carbs, add in whole wheat toast or oatmeal!!
5 Eggs whites (1 yoke)
1 serving 99% fat free ground turkey cooked
Raw red/green peppers diced
Homemade Bruschetta (as much as you want, veggies are free food!)
2 Tbsp Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
Cook eggs on stove until almost done
Add in 1 serving cooked ground turkey
Add in red green peppers, spinach, mushrooms, onion and cook for approx. 2 min
Take off stove and after placed on a plate, add homemade bruschetta and top with Feta Cheese!
Enjoy every bite!!!
Mediterranean Chicken Wrap
Roasted Red Pepper or Spicy Hummus (2 tbsp)
4 oz grilled chicken
Raw red and green peppers diced
¼ c reduced fat feta cheese
1 100% whole wheat wrap
Spread hummus on wrap
Put spinach, tomatoes, and peppers on top of hummus
Place chicken on top
Top with feta cheese
Roll up and enjoy!!
Calories per wrap:
If you are a beach body coach or just want to grow your business, these tips will get you to where you need to be to get your name out there… If your serious about your career, go get started and make your business successful!!
So Saturday was yet another fantastic experience as a beach body coach! It was a Beach Body Challenge Corporate Training Event where coaches and customers that are interested come together and talk about coaching and how to better yourself as a person and in your career. Nathan Farnsworth, a member of beach body’s corporate also flew in to help in educating us on how to be more successful! It is so nice to see everyone in person, instead of only talking via facebook and sometimes via phone. There was an amazing turnout and way more people showed than expected, so hopefully our team grows and more people can help in ending the trend to obesity!
This is our Dream Team, which was made by our Elite Diamond Coach, Melanie Mitro. This team is so amazing and hard working! Unfortunately, not everyone was able to attend due to the drive, but still had a great turnout for our team!! So proud to be a part of such an inspiring and successful team!!
Mini Portabella Mushroom Pizza Bites
6 mini Portabella mushrooms (or 2 large Portabella mushroom caps)
1/2 cup marinara sauce (if all you have is a tomato, you can try my Xed Pizza Sauce)
1/2 oz. turkey pepperoni (approx. 6 slices)
2 oz. black olives
3 oz. low-fat Mozzarella cheese
1 egg white
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Clean mushrooms and scoop out the insides and stem with a spoon. Place on baking pan and bake for 7 minutes. While mushrooms are baking, grate Mozzarella, and combine in a bowl with one egg white. (Usually low-fat cheese has trouble melting, so this technique helps the cheese melt while adding a bit of protein.) Remove mushrooms from oven, and turn the broiler to High. On the mushrooms layer pizza sauce, cheese mixture, olives, and pepperoni slices. Return pan to oven and broil on High for 3 minutes or until cheese has melted and started to brown.
Baked Chicken Egg Rolls
Calories 233 for 2 rolls, 41 carbs,659 mg sodium, 9 g protein, 2 g fat (may be less because these stats were calculated using egg roll wrappers not spring roll (rice paper) wrappers, but I prefer these.)
3 C bagged coleslaw mix-divided
¼ C sliced water chestnuts (about 10 slices)
¼ C green onions
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 TBSP minced ginger
4 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ C grated onion
1 lb of ground chicken breast
¼ tsp of sea salt
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 package of egg roll wrappers (I used the rice paper)
Preheat oven to 425 *, spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
In food processor combine 1 C cole slaw mix, water chestnuts, and green onions, pulse till ground into very small pieces, set aside.
Mince garlic cloves and ginger, grate onion till you have about ¼ cup (it looks like slime)
In extra large skillet on stove top, heat canola oil, at med high—add ginger, garlic and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until tender, add ground chicken and salt, cook until no longer pink.
Add cole slaw mixture along with 2 cups of additional cole slaw mix—saute for 2 more min then add soy sauce—cook for 1 min longer then remove from heat.
Take rice paper pieces and individually run under water and place on plate—when soft, fill with 3-4 TBSP of chicken mixture and wrap/roll until sealed, place on greased baking sheet. Cont until chicken mixture is gone. Spray tops of rolls with cooking spray.
Bake for 20-25 min or until golden crisp looking—under baking will make chewy—reheating in microwave will make chewy as well.
Clean Chicken Parmesan
Hands-on time: 15 minutes.
Total time: 45 minutes.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano, divided
- 1 28-oz jar crushed organic tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste or organic tomato paste
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1-inch thickness
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz cooked whole-wheat penne (or your favorite pasta)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, until vegetables are soft. Add 1 tsp oregano and stir to coat. Cook 30 seconds, until oregano is fragrant. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine panko, Parmesan, remaining 1 tsp oregano, thyme, salt and black pepper. Mix with a fork to combine. Brush both sides of each chicken breast with Dijon. Transfer each breast to panko mixture and turn to coat both sides. Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet. Coat surface of chicken with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 to 3 tbsp tomato sauce and 2 tbsp mozzarella. Return chicken to oven and bake 10 minutes more, until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Arrange pasta on a serving plate and top with remaining tomato sauce. Serve chicken with pasta on the side, garnishing both with basil.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 439, Total Fat: 12 g, Sat. Fat: 2.5 g, Carbs: 43 g, Fiber: 5.5 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 34.5 g, Sodium: 585 mg, Cholesterol: 70 mg
How to control yourself when you are one of those “TV Snackers”
One thing I have learned to do is when you have a thought to just start snacking, I want you to first directly think about your WHY! WHY are you eating healthy in the first place?? Second, is eating this snack more important than your WHY?!? Lastly, I want you to take that snack and eat it alone at a dinner table… No, Not in front of the TV… Go to your table, put the food in front of you, and what this does is allows you to really focus on what you’re eating… When you’re more focused, you’re less likely to eat as much, if at all…. When you’re in front of the TV or pre occupied, you lose sight of how much you ate, and even how full you are. In a way, it can make you feel guilty, which also helps!! Soon enough, you will find it not important to waste the time to do this and will choose not to give into temptation!!